Tuesday, January 16, 2007

"Home Planet" Is Born




So after much thought, and even a little talking to myself, I have decided to give my comic strip series a name. It is still part of the main Rocket Dreams universe, but a smaller spin off from the larger story. If Rocket Dreams is the feature film, this comic strip is the television sitcom spin off.

From here on out, the strip will be drawn under the name "Home Planet." It takes place during the short amount of time that Dwight and ROBO-T are on Earth together. In the story ROBO-T (called simply "robot" by our friend Dwight) comes to Earth to inform Dwight that he has been accepted into the Galaxy Ranger Cadet Program. He now serves as Dwight's guide/protector and will rarely leave his side. These strips show the time these two spent together on Earth, when Dwight tries to explain a human's everyday life to a rookie robot.

Since these are just getting started, they are still evolving a bit. As soon as I feel like I have the final look that I will stick with, I will start the story from the beginning. As I go, I will try to draw a larger "Sunday Edition" comics every now and then.

The development work on the main Rocket Dreams story continues. Hey... who needs sleep? Have I mentioned I am having another baby in June? Whew...

Thanks for listening... Jeremy out.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jeremy,
Simply stunnin blog and work sir! Bookmarked, favorited and drooled over. Will spend the next few hours oggling. Wow

Unknown said...

oh and congrats on the baby

Paul Conrad said...

Love it J. Sign me up for the strip...is this gonna be a daily? :)

sarah said...

Very cool Jeremy! And what a great way to really solidify the look for your graphic novel.

I look forward to seeing more ROBO-T antics :)

jim bradshaw said...

I tried developing a strip about 9 years ago and what a massive undertaking. I love your drive. Now go to sleep for a couple of hours.

mike said...

ha ha! these are so great! i'm glad you're going to continue developing them.

and CONGRATS on the june arrival!